Battle Creek Steelheaders is one of 15 chapters affiliated with the Michigan Steelhead & Salmon Fisherman's Association.
A group of local and SW Michigan guys and gals who enjoy the camaraderie of sports fishing on Michigan’s Great Lakes and rivers. Don’t let the name of our club mislead you, in addition to a strong quest for steelhead, club events include the reeling in of salmon, brown trout, lake trout, walleye, and pan fish.
These activities take in people of all age groups with a goal to introduce youngsters to the rewards offered by the great outdoors that surrounds us all.
• We hold monthly meetings where you can pick up on the latest fishing success, plus tips from guest speakers who share their outdoor experiences ranging from fishing the Greatlakes to goose calling.
• Participate in Lake tournaments that launch from ports in St. Joseph, MI, South Haven, MI and the western shores of Lake Erie.
• Spring and Fall tournaments held on the Kalamazoo and St. Joseph rivers in Michigan.
• Trip Swaps with similar fishing organizations on the other side of the state.
• Ice fishing, panfish and perch fishing tournaments geared to include all members of the family.
• Annual senior and junior division "Big Fish" contests where awards are givien at the end of the year.
• Family oriented summer picnics and annual christmas party.
• Sponsor for the "Salmon in the Classroom Program" at Milwood Middle School in Kalmazoo, MI.